Assessment of student progress provides information about attainment for teachers, students, parents and other agencies. It is an integral part of the learning and teaching process.
Our policy is to support and motivate students through assessment for learning by:
- Focusing on how students learn
- Promoting commitment to learning goals and a shared understanding of assessment criteria
- Generating reliable data which is able to provide a framework for student support
- Facilitating the monitoring and tracking of student progress
- Providing students with constructive guidance about how to improve
- Involving students as active partners in their own learning