Enrichment at the Meadows
Birmingham Repertory Theatre are working in partnership with The Open Theatre Company to facilitate non-verbal physical theatre sessions in special schools across the midlands.
The key elements of this methodology are as follows:
· It is essentially interactive, non-verbal, and physical and is drawn from a range of international theatre practices
· It uses music as the basis for a devising process, instead of script, to support the development of character, situation, narrative and emotion
· It places the creativity of people with learning disabilities at the heart of the process
· It trains young people with learning disabilities as performers to professional standards
· It creates performance work on the borderlines of theatre, dance and mime
· It develops a range of communication and interaction skills beyond words
· It has significant impact on children and young people’s learning within the school curriculum
· It supports the development of the skills, abilities and qualities that these young people need to survive and thrive as they make the transition into adulthood
If you have any questions please email Melissa on the email address below.
Melissa Daly Email firstname.lastname@example.org